uTorrent is a lightweight torrent client for Windows, Mac, Android and Linux. The application is awesome but sometimes it annoys you with the the sponsored ads that keep showing on the interface.
Now most of us want a clean interface and not boggled down by the ads. So here is what you can do to disable these ads.
- Go to Preferences in the Options Menu. Or simply press Ctrl + P. This will open up the Preferences dialog box.
- Go to Advanced tab (choose from left hand side hierarchy) as shown in the following figure. You will see the list of options available in this.
- Now, enter “offers” in the Filter Tab without the quotes and you will see the list of options that has ‘offers’ keyword included in them.
- Scroll down and look for the “offers.left_rail_offer_enabled“. You will see that its value is true.
- We want to disable this option so change its value to false and press OK.
- Similarly, disable “gui.show_plus_upsell” as well. And if you want to close the top ad bar, disable “offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled“.
- Restart uTorrent.