Radial and Diametric Dimension

Like I wrote yesterday, I finished off the diametric dimension today and sent the PR today which has been accepted and merged.

And right now I’m working on improving them further like snapping the start point, i.e the arrowhead, to the entity (either a circle or an arc).

This will be achieved by calculating the intersecting point on the said entity, which can be the basis for snap-to-entity feature.

Advertisements

Adding a bit more

Even though my final project viva is near I’m still improving and adding on in eCAD.

I tried to correct the ellipse’s pasting problem but I guess I made a hasty commit which should have been made only after some testing.

Today I’ve implemented a radial dimension but haven’t send the PR yet, as it needs some minor improvements. The diametric dimension is almost similar to the radial one, so it’d also be done by tomorrow.

Shooting Down Issues

Apart from working on the Aligned Dimension, I’ve solved two issues today that have been pending for some time.

The flickering issue of ellipse was solved pretty easily, just had to set the code at the correct place.

While the Arc’s selection issue was quite prominent since it has been implemented. Its shape wasn’t set properly. And earlier when I tried to solve this, I always thought I need to do some more calculations to properly define the shape without those minor glitches. But today when I started working on it, after I assigned myself this task once again, a bulb went off in my head. Why do I always over think and try to do everything in complicated way? It was super easy to do with QPainterPathStroker.

Vertical Dimension

I’ve added Vertical Dimension in eCAD today and also made some changes regarding text and arrow.

As far as linear dimensioning is concerned, horizontal and vertical has been done.

Aligned dimension should not be much different and I’m hoping to be done with it by tomorrow.

Next, radial and diametric dimensions are lined up and I’ll be working on them side by side.

Dimensioning

After implementing the initial snapping, I’ve tasked the rest of snapping to Kamalpreet. She has implemented Snap to End Points and Snap to Center so far. And is working on Snap to Middle with Snap to Entity coming close behind.

Meanwhile I was busy with trying to do the dimensioning, which I had successfully completed last week but with few glitches and errors popping up now and then.

And today I sent the PR for Horizontal Dimensioning and now working on the Vertical for which I’m still setting up the bounding rectangle.