It was almost a done deal to use Qt for the development of Dr. Geo till it was pointed out that only GTK+ is considered the standard for GNU.
I made a great progress with Qt in just a single day, had implemented Tabbed Document Interface and even point entity was done along with its mouse events.
But I guess that wasn’t meant to be. Now I am back to GTK+.
So continuing my previous work I have started using ui (glade) files to create widgets like mainwindow, menubar, etc. to help in quicker development.
I also changed the directory structure which will help in implementing the modular approach like I proposed.