This guide is for the new developers who want to begin developing for LMMS.
This tutorial assumes that you have already built/compiled LMMS on your system(presumed Linux but the steps could be applied for other OS albeit not as it is), and if not please follow the guide: Compiling LMMS
Once you have installed QtCreator, we are ready to move forward.
- Launch QtCreator.
- Click on File>Open File or Project.
- Now browse to your ‘lmms’ directory and select on the file ‘CMakeLists.txt’, eg: /home/username/lmms/CMakeLists.txt
- A dialog box may appear asking you to specify the build directory, in here specify the folder ‘build’ in your ‘lmms’ directory that was created while compiling LMMS, eg: /home/username/lmms/build
- The Project will open, and if not it may ask for the executable file which you can specify as written below.
- Open ‘Options’ under Tools in the Menu Bar.
- In this dialog box, select ‘Build & Run’, where you can specify the build directory once again if you haven’t already done so.
- Under CMake tab, browse for the executable. Enter the path for the executable: /home/username/lmms/target/bin/lmms.
Once the project is opened and linked, you can build and run the project as you please.